Friday, August 18, 2006

Peace Starts Here

I just received an invitation to a meeting of my local PDA (Progressive Democrats of America), and I thought up a speech that I would like to give at that meeting. So here it is:

Electoral Politics should be easy. They should be easy.

It is governing that should be hard, and easy too, if our elected officials go about it the right way.
As our world evolves we are constantly facing new problems, but with renewed purpose, focus, creativity, and participation from the community we can conquer these problems together.

As we include more people in the process it will be more successfull and fulfilling, and new ideas will emerge. I am talking about a new kind of politics (expound values).

It may be challenging, but it ought to be if we are giving it our best efforts.

I am reminded of the pin that I got for buying a book by two of the most popular Democratic bloggers; it said:

"Mom, Baseball, Apple Pie, and a Democratic Juggernaut!"

There's no limit to what we can do if we try to build a lasting peace.

And like any ideal Peace can be achieved, and it starts right here with you!!!


Please spread the word -Democrats stand for something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home