Sunday, September 17, 2006

On the Topic of Peace

(this post was originally posted at DC Peaches, and is also posted at Blanton's and Ashton's)

I was wondering what people thought about a series of questions (kind of another query ) that I have come up with. Are good critical thinkers more likely to be peaceful people? Do these two variables have a positive correlation (as one increases, the other increases. As one decreases the other decreases)? Or, can one be a good critical thinker and still be have violent tendencies?Should humanity be past the point where we inflict harm and coerce one another, or will that always be a central part of the story we call our history? Be aware: there are many components of critical thinking, including emotional, behavioral, and cognitive components; to be a good critical thinker you have to be well-developed in all areas. I actually haven't been able to find a satisfactory definition on the internet. My psychology text has a wonderful definition, but it's 4 1/2 pages long. I encourage you to look around at the many different approaches/definitions.

Also, you may want to check out this link about critical thinking applied to everyday life; it's fairly interesting.Anyone who wants to talk to me more about critical thinking, please feel free to contact me at my email: peachesr03 at lycos dot com. If you do email me, you may also want to leave a comment at this post. That way I am more likely to get back to you.

-Peaches

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home